- A « + » on your CV : international experience makes you more marketable
- A safe and well-organized stay in France
- Assistance by our Program Assistants
- To earn credits towards your degree
- To learn basics in French : even though there is no language prerequisite and the language used will be English
The SSAP is currently open to :
- Students from Kansas State University, Purdue University, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Cornell University, the University of Florida, Colorado State University, Washington State University, the University of Missouri, Rutgers-the State University of New Jersey, Sam Huston State University, Michigan State University and South Dakota State University.
- Students from selected partner universities outside the United States : ITESO, ITESM, Todai, AUB.
- Other applications may be considered.
The SSAP offers an on-campus program in June and an optional internship in July.
The on-campus program (4 weeks in June)
It consists of lectures in English coupled with field trips and intensive French courses. During most week-ends, cultural visits and excursions are organized in the South-West of France.
The students choose between these two options when they apply for the program.
The optional internship program (4 weeks in July)
It has been designed for students with interests in farm/ag business stays. According to the students’ interests, we can provide internships in animal production (dairy cows/beef cattle, sheep/goat milk, pig, hors) agro-tourism, plant production (main crops, horticulture), vineyards/wineries, etc… It automatically follows the on-campus program.
- Contact the international office from your university.
At PURPAN, we host students for one semester, one year or even more (for example: Dual Degree students).
If you wish to study at PURPAN as an exchange student, please contact your international office, at your home university.
The School and its environment :
PURPAN is located in Toulouse, in Southwestern France, one hour by plane from Paris. 4th largest city in France, famous for its unique red-brick ancient buildings, Toulouse is also the 2nd largest university town, the 3rdlargest scientific region and a high-tech centre. Located in France’s most important agricultural region, Toulouse also remains attached to its traditions.
There is plenty to do downtown. With more than 120,000 students, Toulouse is one of the liveliest cities in France. At the crossroads of Europe, Toulouse is only 6 hours from Madrid, 4 hours from Barcelona, and 2 hours from many European countries. The city is also at the crossroads of the Atlantic Ocean, the Mediterranean Sea and the Pyrenean Mountains.
Toulouse’s cultural mosaic enlivens the region’s various entertainment activities and gives a southern European tone to its night-life. It offers at the same time exciting prospects and an easy way of life that attracts many people.
The School of Agriculture :
PURPAN, a Jesuit private college founded in 1919, has maintained a spirit of direct collaboration with the agricultural environment. It is administered by a non-profit making council and depends on the Ministry of Agriculture. It awards the degree of “Ingénieur en Agriculture” which is equivalent to a MSc in Agriculture. Students are admitted after the French “Baccalauréat”, or directly into 2nd or 3rd year (after a two-or-three-year university degree).
PURPAN curriculum is based on three key principles: intensive academic studies, on-the-job experience, and strong international exposure. This five-year program trains future graduates for top positions in a wide range of professional fields.
International students can be admitted after a Bachelor in relevant areas and the study towards the Ingénieur Degree or towards a Fésia international Master Degree.
PURPAN also offers other forms of education and training in English for foreign students such as :
- International Bachelor Certficate in Animal and Food Sciences : some modules may be open to exchange students.
- MSc EURAMA : European curriculum in Animal Sciences, Technologies and Economics (applications must be accepted by the Consortium that manages this program) Semester 1 takes place at PURPAN (the number of exchange students is limited).
Key Facts :
- About 1,000 students.
- Around 150 teaching and administrative staff
- Over 160 visiting/professional lecturers
For Exchange students :
For your convenience and to explore the possibilities to come and study with us, you can find some information here and download informative files.
- PURPAN Information sheet
- Nomination letter
- Application form-IBC programme
- Application form-Ingénieur programme
- Courses of IBC programme (English)
- Courses of Ingénieur programme (French)
- Erasmus + Learning Agreement
For degree-seeking candidates :
Contact : the IRO of PURPAN